Sunday, April 1, 2012

Closet Drawers

Finally. I got my daughter's closet drawer set done. I had half a sheet of oak plywood left over from my bench project, so I decided to make this. Drawers are still very difficult for me. Any and all adjustments are crude, at best. Doors are, for some reason, much easier for me.

My second drawer box came out nice, though. I learned to not leave as much slop in sizing the bottom and to cheat and use brad nails to square things up before pulling everything together with pocket screws.

One thing I know is that it is heavy. Three-quarter plywood all around. That seemed like it took me forever to build. I guess I'm just impatient and want things faster than they come to me.

At least now my daughter has more storage space for her clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment